With technological revolutions and upgradations, AI (artificial intelligence), internet and cellular calls have grown leaps and bounds. AI developments brought a big difference in customer complaints management. Chatbots were introduced to solve the basic problems and complaints. Not only AI but call centers, internet through email addresses are also used to handle the customer’s grievances. Chatbots are an automated answering machine but in a text form. They use the keywords to understand the problem and give the possible solution fed by the companies in it. It’s a machine telling you the things they are asked or programmed to tell you. The Internet gave email facility, and companies now use it to listen to the customer’s problems.
Why are customers unhappy with these advanced query management systems?
Generally, firms provide helplines, email addresses and instant chat to work out on the customer’s problems. Some of them also provide help through two-tier systems which is the worst. The main cause of customer dissatisfaction discussed below point wise.
- There are cases where chatbots were unable to understand the problem of a customer. As they are programmed, when problem is different and does not have the pre-existing keywords in them, they fail to even understand the problem. Chatbots can deal with the simple issues successfully but when it comes to the complex issues they fail.
- Connecting to companies through calls are also now proved to be a challenge. After going through a computer-generated call, if you somehow successfully reach to a customer care officer, you have to wait for an hour sometimes.
- Absence of email addresses also causes a major inconvenience to the customers. Customers who got no time to wait in the long queue of calls or chat prefer to mail the problems to the company. But there are some companies which don’t even provide the email addresses.
- Two-tier systems charge an extra cost to resolve your issues. They charge for fast responding.
- Irresponsible and careless behaviour of companies. There are complaints about no response from the companies where the customers tried every possible way to complain about whether through social media or calls.
- Unavailability is also somewhere acting as a problem. Even after claiming to be available for 24*7, there is no answer to your queries.
What are the solutions to these problems?
Thankfully, there are solutions available to these inconveniences. Some of them are listed below.
- Chatbots are designed in a way to give the answers to simple questions. One can ask for the contact numbers and email addresses to reach the company.
- If you get stuck in a long call waiting queue, avoid the peak hours.
- You don’t have any email address of the company, try mailing to the chief executive.
- To avoid a two-tier system, use toll-free helplines.
- Try addressing the companies by verified accounts on social media.
Try the solutions according to your problems. There are also forums for customers where you can complain about the irresponsible behaviours of any company.