McDonald’s is one of the world’s favourite food slots. Having locations in about 101 countries, it serves its finger licking snacks to about 69 million of people in a day. It has about 36,000 restaurants fledging around the world. Its most popular snacks include Snack Wrap, Happy Meal, Egg McMuffin, Baked Apple Pie and many more. The approximate market capital value was noted US$134.5 billion in 2018.
There has been noted a significant growth seen in the initial three months in 2019 in the sales of Veggie Wraps, Big Mac bacon and beverage coffee. The major growth was seen primly in the UK and France with 6pc rise.
What were the major reasons for the boost?
- The major reason behind this growth is the newly launched Veggie Wrap and Big Mac Bacon. Also, the sale of coffee is at 8pc hike. The sales were so influenced that the March broke the previous records.
- The business is done online also played a part in increasing sales. The McDonald’s app similarly contributed to one among ten sales made in the same period.
- The launch of new recipes helped in driving new customers to British restaurants.
- Along with the newly added menu, the promotions too paid a significant role in boosting up the sales.
What are the new launches?
- The first lunch is the new Veggie Wrap or the new Happy Meal Veggie Wrap. It consists of veggie goujon along with shredded lettuce with tomato ketchup and all this wrapped up in a toasted tortilla.
- The second launch is Big Mac with bacon. It is the same Big Mac Burger along with an addition to bacon. The Big Mac consists of two beef patties, Big Mac Sauce along with lettuce, cheese inclusion with pickles and onions. And now bacon is added to it.
- The coffee sales were also on a hike due to the addition of its iced latte featured with its marketing campaign.
These two contributed to 6% additional growth from previous sales and henceforth breaking sales records. Along with this coffee also added up to the sales increase by 8% making it a huge growth at the beginning of the year.
What are the major conclusions?
- McDonald’s has derived its forces and customer investment in up gradation of the menu, rolling out the best delivery and engaging better along with partners to provide the best on-store services.
- Also, they have decided to work on the technological aspect of growing since one of ten sales are from the apps.
- The thought highly influences them that along with choice offered at McDonald’s customers are also swayed by the convenience and services. With the changing times, customers prefer enjoying the menu whenever and wherever they want.
All this is getting considered as a good start for the year due to the successful launches of Veggie wrap and Big Mac bacon. McDonald’s has decided to continue to the investment in people, and in the transformation of their recipes and food launches with their innovative ideas Also they consider it quite tough task on high streets but they are clear with the fact for maintaining investment for success.