The demand for packshot photography is increasing day by day. It is very beneficial to enhance the brand image as well as to boost sales. The primary purpose of this kind of photography is to represent the product exactly as it appears in real life. Moreover, Packshot photography deals in capturing both still and moving objects with their packaging & labels.
A photographer needs to click every detail of the product and ensure that the object’s colour, shape, and taglines are clearly shown. The ultimate goal of this photography is to make the product familiar before anyone sees it on sale and to represent it accurately so that customers identify its correct features. Such photographs evoke the viewers to buy the products and thereby elevates the business profits to a significant extent. If you follow the proper packshot practices, consumers will be less likely to make false purchases, and the number of returns will also be lower.
Packshots of some products like wine play an essential role in product identification. Many wine bottles are the same size and shape, so it will be difficult for shoppers to choose from the myriad of wine options on the shelves. However, with the help of packshots in a menu card, consumers can easily pick the one they read about in the leaflets, magazine, or other print media.
Generally, the best commercial photographer in Bristol invests in quality-equipments to come out with great product packshots. We will discuss all pivotal photography equipment required to click catchy pics of products along with labelling and packaging, but before that, let us have a little insight into two advanced types of Packshots.
2 Advanced Types Of Packshots
- 3 Dimension Packshot
3 dimension pack shots are created by using a computer generated imagery app. These are in huge demand in present days. Moreover, business owners find it very useful for getting consumers to interact with their products. Hence, to convert digital images into 3D pictures, a lot of creativity is required. However, with both patience and hardwork, you can quickly master this art in a few days.
- 360 Degree Packshot
To create a 360-degree view of the packshots, you need to click multiple object images by rotating them consistently. After that, you need to tie it together with the help of photo editing software. Remember not to shake the camera while taking the pictures and keep it at a fixed angle.
Here are some tips from the best commercial photographers for clicking captivating Packshots.
- See whether the labels on the product are visible and apparent. If you want to emphasize the specific feature of the object, it would be better to use silhouettes (To darken a particular part of the image for highlighting.)
- Use only premium equipment to get realistic images.
- Avoid using filters and do not over-edit the original image; otherwise, it will look a bit artificial.
- Pay attention to the camera setting and try to shoot in natural light. Try to avoid flashlights as much as possible because it will create an unnatural effect & take you off your target.
- Capture the subject from various angles so that its features will be clearly visible to the viewers.
- Always use a white background to represent the subject in int’s most alluring form.
- However, don’t hesitate to use SoftLight to outline key parts of the product, so take care that it won’t distract the entire subject.
Major Pieces Of Equipment Required To Capture Packshots
- Premium DSLR
- High-quality lenses whose focal length should be atleast 55mm.
- Light diffuser, softbox, and umbrella.
- White balancing tools
- White Backdrop
In Final Words -:
Packshots are not only used in magazines, leaflets, posters, and the website; these are also seen on clothes, sides of vehicles, etc. Once the digital image is processed, it can be printed on any surface you want. With packshot photography, you can boost earnings and elevate your living standard. So, start learning about this commercial photography niche today!