Broighter gold gets listed in Dubai
Limavady based Leona Kane created a brand which is known for its high-quality rapeseed oil in Northern Ireland and now will also be known in Dubai. Broighter gold was created and founded in 2006 and the rapeseed is grown in the Kane farm which is there in Limavady since 1896.
Recently Leona Kane became a part of inward buyer mission organized by Northern Ireland invest group, in which she signed a deal with the Dubai based retailer group Al Maya for the Broighter gold rapeseed oil last month itself.
Leona Kane seemed really happy about the deal and mentioned that people of Al Maya were impressed as well. They wanted to know how quickly Broighter gold people can send a pallet to them. She also mentions that by now the pallet must reach Dubai already and how excited she is to see their homegrown rapeseed oil on the international listing.
What is rapeseed oil?
Rapeseed oil is one of the most highly used oils in the UK for all kind of edible purposes. However, after the UK it is also grown heavily in Ireland, Netherlands, Europe rec. it is yellow oil that is extracted from the oilseeds of rape plant. The rape plant is also called as Brassica napus as it belongs to the family of cabbage and broccoli.
One can find rapeseed oil in many forms like cold pressed, refined oil, extra virgin, virgin, and canola oil. Usually, they are either extracted as cold pressed oil mostly done by small scale producers or as refined oil done by large scale producers.
Cold pressed one is done simply as they are just simply just pressed and the oil retains all the flavors of the rapeseed. And the refined oils are created under high temperature under which the oil losses its characteristic taste and thus become perfect for general cooking purpose when one wants flavorless oil.
Benefits of rapeseed oil
Rapeseed has many health benefits which make it stand apart among the crowd. This is the reason why local Ireland manufacturers are getting deals from international retailers because now people are gradually learning about its benefits.
- Rapeseed oil is filled with essential fatty acids. It has both omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which are great for the brain and respiratory health respectively. Also, it acts as a great antioxidant.
- Rapeseed oil has large amounts of tocopherols or generally known as vitamin E, which is a major antioxidant and also it is great for skin, hair, eyes, etc.
- This oil is loaded with phytosterols which are great for making the immune system strong and making the cells healthy.
- Rapeseed oil has no trans fat thus one can cut their fat intake by using this oil for cooking.
- This oil also has higher smoke points means it will not easily lose its nutrients, taste and food value at higher temperatures that easily.
- It has the lowest amount of saturated fats making it great for cardiovascular health.